Hello from California

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

GeographyNerd

GeographyNerd

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:GIS, Remote Sensing, Physical Geography, Watershed Processes and Management, Fossil Hunting, Fishing, Bowling, Beagles
  • United States

I joined CartoTalk, because I do not like GIS StackExchange. I hope this forum is a little more casual. 

A little about me. I was in construction for 8 years, and then the Great Recession hit. Eventually, I discovered physical geography, and this lead me to GIS. I earned BA in physical geography and a GIS certificate from California State University Long Beach. Now I am a grad student working on a MS in GIS. 

My academic interests are anything to do with water. I also love remote sensing. Just looking around the forum, I think a remote sensing section would be a nice addition to the GIS section. Eventually, I would like to work in the public works/utilities side of GIS due to my construction background. I do not want to get into the IT streamlining processes side of it. writing code all day is no fun at all. Ideally, I would work for a state board of water resources and use both GIS and remote sensing to manage water, but that is a hard position to find. 

I'm looking forwarding to becoming a valuable member of CartoTalk! Thanks for reading!

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hi and welcome!

Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->