GeoEvan

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Geography, linguistics, wildlife
  • United States

Hi there,

Evan here from www.polgeonow.com. As some of you know, my site specializes in maps of territorial control in conflict zones, and I'm looking for a hand creating basemaps for some countries that the site doesn't cover yet.

For example, for the Iraq control map, I started with a basemap like this:

iraq_control_basemap.png

The new basemaps will need to be created from Natural Earth or another completely public domain dataset. PolGeoNow will retain the copyright, but you will get an attribution, including in the graphic itself if you like. I'd also be amenable to approving the graphics for specific uses of your own that don't conflict with my business.

I know how to create maps like this myself, but with all the other work on the site it's hard for me to get around to it. Let me know if anyone here is interested. The budget is very limited, since my whole operation grosses only US$300-500 per month despite about 15 hours of work per week on my part (and that's before paying my researchers and other expenses). But I'd like to hear what you'd be willing to do a map like this for. Hopefully we can work something out!

You can contact me at evan@polgeonow.com. Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Evan

Writer and cartographer for Political Geography Now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->