3 replies to this topic

awie

awie

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Austria

Hi!

I'm writing my thesis on the use of Photoshop in cartography.

For that, I need to gather a bit of data about software use in the industry/by map makers, so please, if you have the time, would you fill out this little survey I made? It's only seven questions long, and anonymous.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F9Q8YX7

Also, I would be very grateful if you could pass this along to anyone who works in the field and would be willing to participate.

Cheers!

• Bogdanovits likes this

Ted Florence

Ted Florence

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Making great mapping software.
  • Canada

Hello from Avenza in Toronto.

At the risk of being self-serving I want to mention that if you are doing a thesis on the use of Photoshop in cartography you should include a look at Geographic Imager, the Photoshop geospatial plug-in suite. You may also wish to add it to your survey.

If you have any questions we at Avenza would be delighted t help you as the use of Adobe products for cartography and mapping is "where we live".

Cheers

Ted

Ted Florence

Avenza Systems Inc.

When Map Quality Matters ®

www.avenza.com

Cartographic and spatial imaging solutions for Adobe Creative Suite

Mobile mapping solutions for using, selling and distributing maps to mobile devices

mp_logo.gif    gi_logo.gifpdf-maps-icon.png

tangnar

tangnar

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Rivers, Urban Design, Geomorphology, Bicycling, Outdoors
  • United States

It might be nice to have some of the questions a little more focused. For instance, what do you mean by "which of these programs do you know"?  Do I know they exist, or do I know how to use them?  Photoshop and Illustrator have plugins for map making, so it could fall in to both categories, potentially.  How about static/print maps vs web-mapping?  Maps for the web get in to many other programs and tools. 

Best of luck.

awie

awie

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Austria

Thanks for the answers and the feedback! Unfortunately I can't change the survey after I've received answers, because that would skew my data. I will note this for the next time, though!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: survey, thesis, software, photoshop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->