2 replies to this topic

david17tym

david17tym

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • United Kingdom

The "new and improved" ESRI support forums have got me completely baffled...

Not sure what was wrong with the old system which was so much easier, quicker and intuitive to use.

I'm not a user of social media at all, and would encourage a regular's alternative opinion, am I just missing some tricks?

Dave

Melita Kennedy

Melita Kennedy

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • United States

I'm still struggling too. The big recommendation is to create a custom 'stream' where you identify groups/places, people, and/or tags that you want to follow. I have one that follows the 2 projections-related groups, for instance.

Also, tag, tag, tag. Right now I don't have elevated privileges yet and can't retag any content except stuff that I create (but not replies/comments on other's content). VERY frustrating!

A few people pointed out some other Jive-powered sites that have a forums-like view. My colleagues who are involved in this are going to take a look at doing something like that.

Melita

Nichodemus

Nichodemus

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • United States

I've had to use the site to attempt to find some information in the forums. I never could figure out exactly what I was doing, and making the streams is not intuitive. There was nothing wrong with the layout of the old forums. Definitely not an improvement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->