Photo

short introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

combin

combin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:my little daughters, Mountaineering, Skiing, Hiking, Running, Biking, Cartography
  • Germany

Hello all,

I am new here at CartoTalk and want to introduce myself.

I have studied cartography in Germany and got my diploma in the year 2000 (for my diploma I created a map/book called: Scotland - for Mountaineers and Hikers. It was a combinatin of a small scale map of Scotland that pointed to outdoor spots that had been explained in a separate booklet).

I worked in this business for a period of 2 years (first as an engineer in a small company and later for a big publishing house).

Btw, at that time we used to work with FreeHand, Nuage, Rascon and a little bit with MapInfo.

After these two years I decided to work in a different area and since 2002 I work in the IT-area.

But my love for cartography has never ended, I always like it to be outdoors/in the mountains and to handle with maps.

Recently I was asked by my running team to create a small map that visualizes our local 10km-competition. 

The last days I worked on this small project and I enjoyed it very much, realizing how much I miss it to create and design maps.

So I decided to continue to create maps in my spare time. My project now is to make a map of my home region, scale 1:25000 (showing the trails for runners and also bikers in the forests).

I found CartoTalk a very interesting and useful source of information, and I am impressed how helpful all the "power"-users are. So thank you for giving me an account in this forum :-)

Best regards,

Jan

• DaveB likes this

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Hello Jan, and welcome to Cartotalk!

Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->