Michael Karpovage

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Making beautiful, functional maps
  • United States

Hey mapmakers,

Here are two maps that appear in my new mystery thriller novel MAP OF THIEVES, that was just released on February 1, 2014. See the book announcement on CartoTalk's General Announcement section. 

This first map is a small waybill of Cherokee Indian symbols leading to a secret tunnel vault in the north Georgia mountains. This waybill is folded and stashed inside a famous Civil War general's hat. The only way to decipher this waybill is with a legend or a key. That legend is engraved on Bowie knife blade. One cannot function without the other.

The cropped map is a close up of a Spanish mining map of a Cherokee village in Georgia created by Hernando de Soto's cartographic engineer in 1542—fictitious, of course. I created this map in Photoshop from an actual rare map.

Lastly, I also created a geocache in the woods along the Etowah River. The cache is an Army ammo box. To view the video of where it's located go to this LINK on YouTube:

If you HATE politicians, but love maps, then MAP OF THIEVES is the book for you! Available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble in both print and eBook formats.

Do enjoy!

Michael 

Attached Files

--
Michael Karpovage

• Savannah Historic District Illustrated Map
www.karpovagecreative.com/savannah

• Account Manager/Illustrator
Mapformation, LLC - Atlanta, GA office
www.mapformation.com

• Author of Map of Thieves
www.mapofthieves.com