Michael Karpovage

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Making beautiful, functional maps
  • United States

Hello fellow mapmakers,

I'd like to announce the release of my new mystery thriller novel MAP OF THIEVES. As a map illustrator myself (known on the CartoTalk site for the Savannah Historic District Illustrated Map) and a lover of military history and Native American lore, I couldn't help but combine all of my personal interests into my second novel in The Tununda Mysteries series. This new 432-page novel took over two years to research and write and is now available in both print and eBook formats. It's already garnering 5-star reviews and made it into the Top 100 ranking for mysteries on Amazon.

If you love maps as much as I do and the power they possess, then this story is for you. Here's what one reviewer said: 

"After reading the authors previous book, Crown of Serpents, I knew I had to get this book as soon as it was released. The author has an awesome way of putting the reader right in the story. You will easily escape into this adventure and not want to put the book down. Map of Thieves blends various aspects of history and modern day times. You will travel through time from the Cherokee Indian struggles, to the American Civil war and yes even to modern day times with current events and inner city youth gang violence. The story told in this book takes the reader to places that could not be foreseen and is a suspenseful thriller. Be prepared for sleepless nights. The book will certainly leave you wanting more. I cant praise the author enough, I was highly anticipating this book after reading Crown of Serpents, and I was NOT disappointed. I cant wait, hopefully book 3 will come out very soon. 5 stars!!" —Lester, Kentucky

Here is the synopsis for MAP OF THIEVES:

After discovering a lost Civil War hat from a famous Union general who was shot in the back during the Battle of Atlanta, Freemason military historian Lieutenant Colonel Jake Tununda is shocked to learn a secret waybill may be hidden inside the hat's liner. Before he can inspect it, the hat and two priceless Nazi artifacts disappear from the West Point Museum in a brazen daytime theft. Jake and his stunning girlfriend, private investigator Rae Hart, head to Savannah to question their main suspect, an aging World War II vet. They soon find themselves targeted for assassination. Even worse, Jake is suspended from the case and the Army itself. In Map of Thieves, a mystery thriller set in the deep South, Jake and Rae team up with Delta Force operative Alex Vann to catch a killer thief and to locate the legendary Cherokee Tunnel—a gold vault in the Georgia mountains that dates back to 1838 and the Trail of Tears. Enter U.S. Congressman Tom Black of Atlanta, one of the dirtiest, most corrupt politicians ever to steal an election. He's also the great grandson of the sniper whose shot killed the Union general. Once privy to what's inside the secret Indian tunnel—Hernando de Soto's stolen Spanish mining map—Black will let nothing stand in his way to steal it for himself. Including killing his own elderly father.

The book is available on my website at: www.MapofThieves.com and also on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Do enjoy!

Michael Karpovage

Attached Files

--
Michael Karpovage

• Savannah Historic District Illustrated Map
www.karpovagecreative.com/savannah

• Account Manager/Illustrator
Mapformation, LLC - Atlanta, GA office
www.mapformation.com

• Author of Map of Thieves
www.mapofthieves.com