- - - - - large format wall map land ownership

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

MountainMapper

MountainMapper

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, Exploring, Cartography, Conservation, Sustainability, Biking
  • United States

I produced this map of public ownership in the Mountains to Sound Greenway to be printed on three 5' wide retractable banner stands, for a total dimension of 6.5' x 15'. I've already printed the big banner (darn deadlines), but I'm going to be re-printing smaller versions for the office and events. The attached map will be printed on a 3' x 6.5' banner. 

The banners will be shown to the general public at events and meetings. At one large upcoming event, the 15' version will be on a stage and the 6.5' wide version will be in a lobby. The map is meant to be viewed from a distance, so I avoided detail to keep it simple (and to save time). In the larger version, I have one extra layer, a hollow property parcel over the private rural lands, which blends nicely at a distance but better describes the landscape when viewed up close. 

I designed it entirely in ArcMap, except for the added legend patches. As of yet, ArcMap is the only software I've used for cartography.

I've attached a segment of the west side.

Attached File  BannerMap78in_cut.jpg   218.42KB   65 downloads

You should be able to download the full map here: http://mtsgreenway.o...ps/banner-map/ 

Looking forward to feedback of any kind!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: large format, wall map, land ownership

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->