kevinpaulscarrott

kevinpaulscarrott

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:wine, women and song
  • Norway

C M Y K Lysefjord Palette now available to inspire, motivate and assist any designer who is looking for fresh solutions.

Have-a-go at utilising the Lysefjord palette, you may be surprised with the resulting effects.

Freely available to all designers who wish to implement the palette into their own projects, or simply wish to experiment with it.

Best wishes,

Kevin-Paul

Stavanger Guide Maps Norway

www.stavanger-guide.no

PDF Version: available here

lysefjord_palette.jpg

Dennis McClendon

Dennis McClendon

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:map design, large-scale maps of cities
  • United States

That's a very nice palette.  It's rare to find a palette where a cool color dominates and comes to the foreground.

One question I have is about the 2 percent yellow in the indigo.  To me, that's usually an indication of a formula derived by software from another colorspace, either RGB or Pantone.  But the other colors have nice round-numbered formulas.  Do you really find a 2 percent dot visible, and necessary?

Also, what are the uses of the two very similar greens?  I wonder if readers can distinguish them?

Dennis McClendon, Chicago CartoGraphics
chicagocarto.com

kevinpaulscarrott

kevinpaulscarrott

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Norway

That's a very nice palette.  It's rare to find a palette where a cool color dominates and comes to the foreground.

One question I have is about the 2 percent yellow in the indigo.  To me, that's usually an indication of a formula derived by software from another colorspace, either RGB or Pantone.  But the other colors have nice round-numbered formulas.  Do you really find a 2 percent dot visible, and necessary?

Also, what are the uses of the two very similar greens?  I wonder if readers can distinguish them?

Hi Dennis and thanks for your positive feedback,

Always good to hear from others to encourage and motivate direction.

Let 2% read 20%, thanks. I use this CMYK for framing.

The original format of the map is 2.5 metres onboard ship signage, so the green textures are evident. I agree with you for smaller formats like the example below, only one choice of green would be relevant.

I wish you a pleasant and stimulating weekend.

Best wishes,
Kevin-Paul

map.gif

kevinpaulscarrott

kevinpaulscarrott

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Norway

...for anyone interested in the actual boat trip (A B C) along The Lysefjorden, you can read the synopsis: here

synopsis.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: palette, CMYK, inspire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->