dlambert

dlambert

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • United States

From Nathaniel V. Kelso, NACIS Vice President:

I'm pleased to announce the DRAFT PROGRAM for the 2013 NACIS annual meeting in Greenville this October!

We have a solid slate of cartography, design, web, GIS, open source, geo, and interactive mapping presentations and I can already tell you this year's conference is going to be great with over 120 speakers and several mini workshops around this year's themes: DATA and CARTOGRAPHIES of the SOUTH.

Please join me in Greenville: If you haven't registered yet, please take this opportunity to do so using our secure form. There are only 34 days left until early registration ends and registration fees increase. Save by registering today!

The conference takes place October 9-11th. Optional day events Wednesday including Practical Cartography Day and a relaunched Cartographic and Geographic Data Collections Day. The main event kicks off Wednesday night with a welcome and keynote address from the inaugural recipients of the Corlis Benefideo Award for Imaginative Cartography followed by a map gallery reception. NACIS night out on Thursday is a good way to meet your fellow cartographers. This year marks the return of Friday lunch-bunch. The Friday banquet features a keynote by Alberto Cairo and will be followed by perennial favorite, GeoDweeb Jeopardy. Optional Saturday workshops and field trips on the 12th include TileMill, CartoDB, ArcGIS Online, and a waterfall tour.

We're trying something new this year with a digital program hosted on Lanyrd. Track individual presenters, read their bios, followup via LinkedIn and Twitter and more. You can also subscribe to the schedule on your phone or tablet! Some features require a free account.

Schedule grid views:

• Wednesday: Welcoming events + PCD & revamped CGDCD
    • Thursday: main program, optional NACIS night out
    • Friday: main program, evening banquet, keynote, and GeoDweeb Jeopordy
    • Saturday: optional workshops, field trip

The schedule is also available in list view with full abstracts and author information (or click on the grid titles to get the same thing):
ABSTRACTS: Wednesday • Thursday • Friday • Saturday

More details about the map conference and hotel accommodation is available at http://www.nacis.org/2013.

Questions? I'd love to hear from you.

Nathaniel V. KELSO
Program chair, Greenville 2013
Vice president,
NACIS.org

François Goulet

François Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Looks like it's going to be amazing this year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->