Avenza Releases MAPublisher 9.3 for Adobe Illustrator
- Cartographic add-on now compatible with Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud™ -
Toronto, ON, August 6, 2013 - Avenza Systems Inc., producers of the PDF Maps app for iOS and geospatial plugins for Adobe Creative Suite, including Geographic Imager for Adobe Photoshop, is pleased to announce the release of MAPublisher 9.3 for Adobe Illustrator. This latest update includes new many features and is fully compatible with the recently released Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud. The new ability to export a document to web tiles makes it easier than ever to create online maps without extensive web programming knowledge.
"We’re excited to release MAPublisher 9.3 not only because is it compatible with Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud, but it also includes many enhancements to an already extensive feature list,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza. “We’ve added interactive features that use online map services to help users plot addresses and search for points of interest to add to their maps,” he added.
Enhancements and new features of MAPublisher 9.3
- Fully compatible with Adobe Creative Cloud for both Windows and Mac
- New Export Document to Web Tiles feature can export the artboard as tiled images for use in a web-based map
- New interactive way to plot addresses using the MAP Point Plotter panel (CS6 and CC only)
- Search for points of interest and add as points to your map with new Find Places tool
- Added two Add Calculated Data tools: Calculate art bound coordinates and calculate elevation values for point data
- Added two Path Utilities tools: Create elevation plot and Convert compounds to groups
- Added file export option to assign metadata for TAB/MIF and KML/KMZ formats
- Image support now available when importing or exporting KMZ files
- Updated interface to export a selected image
- Support for the most recent version of FME Desktop 2013 SP2
- ArcGIS 10 or later versions of the file geodatabase can be imported for both Windows and Mac
- Various user interface and performance enhancements to improve usability.
More about MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator
MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. MAPublisher tools leverage the superior graphics design capabilities of Adobe Illustrator to manipulate GIS data and to produce high-quality maps with accuracy and efficiency.
MAPublisher 9.3 for Adobe Illustrator is available free of charge to all MAPublisher users with an active maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance users at US$599. New licenses are US$1399. MAPublisher FME Auto and MAPublisher LabelPro are also available as add-ons to MAPublisher 9.3 at prices starting at US$399 per license. Academic, floating and volume pricing are also available. Prices include one year of full maintenance. Visit www.avenza.com/mapublisher for more details.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools to make better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services, as well as the PDF Maps app for purchasing and using maps on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information contact: