Photo

Cache Tiles Clipping Features on Map Service

- - - - - cache tiles feature class clipping large-scale small-scale web mapping

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

jeremywgoldsmith

jeremywgoldsmith

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Hello CartoTalk Members, 

I am having trouble with my ArcGIS map service and managing the map cache tiles from that map service. I have a map service, here, which I am using to overlay on a National Geographic basemap. You can see a generic preview of my problem in the ArcGIS JavaScript API viewer

It seems that the cache tile boundaries of large-scales (1:288,895 / 1:144,447 / 1:72,223 / ETC.) are clipping the county boundary (polygon) feature class and dynamic labels at smaller-scale zoom levels. (See the real problem here - not including the duplication of labels problem near cache tile boundaries).

And I can't figure out why the counties are getting cut off! I've tried changing my extent in the Data Frame, changing the extent in the Manage Map Server Cache Tiles tool properties, updating extent by using the county boundary (polygon) feature class [see image attached], and so forth...

I need some help to understanding why?!?

I have attached screen shots of my settings in my cache tile manager and map service properties. 

Thanks, 

Jeremy Goldsmith

@jwgoldsmith

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cache, tiles, feature class, clipping, large-scale, small-scale, web mapping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->