• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

zabdi3l

zabdi3l

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Mexico

Hi

Is my firts share. Is a 3D geology Map with underground cross section.

What is your opinion??

http://www20.zippysh...57562/file.html

I upload to this site, for the reason it is 1.3MG

SteveR

SteveR

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • United States

It's very nice, but having practiced geology in the old days, I'd personally be more comfortable viewing this map and cross section on paper.  There are technical problems with the Adobe 3D, but they are probably beyond your control.

It would be useful having a labeled color line on the surface map, marking the line of the cross section.  The cross section itself should be a plane, having no thickness.  The colors should be the same for both the surface map and cross section.  The most obvious difference is the use of green on the section and yellow on the surface for the unit labeled Kuc.  It wouldn't hurt to also include alluvium on the cross section, which appears to be shown in the surface map as grey.

The best way to show this information is as a movie, where a narrator speaks while pointing out features, zooming in and out as the show progresses.  For me at least, exploring the mining district on my computer screen with a mouse is a little difficult.

Steve Richardson

2i3D Stereo Imaging

zabdi3l

zabdi3l

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Mexico

It's very nice, but having practiced geology in the old days, I'd personally be more comfortable viewing this map and cross section on paper.  There are technical problems with the Adobe 3D, but they are probably beyond your control.

It would be useful having a labeled color line on the surface map, marking the line of the cross section.  The cross section itself should be a plane, having no thickness.  The colors should be the same for both the surface map and cross section.  The most obvious difference is the use of green on the section and yellow on the surface for the unit labeled Kuc.  It wouldn't hurt to also include alluvium on the cross section, which appears to be shown in the surface map as grey.

The best way to show this information is as a movie, where a narrator speaks while pointing out features, zooming in and out as the show progresses.  For me at least, exploring the mining district on my computer screen with a mouse is a little difficult.

Steve Richardson

2i3D Stereo Imaging

Hi Steve I agree with you about the old day's. But this is only an example in the map. I remove the "private" things. Like Drill Holes, Model of the assays, etc.  The freen cover on the surface in color yellow is QBP alteration under the unit Kuc.

I appreciate your  comment. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->