Photo

Discover How You Can Download Google Earth Images In 7 Minutes

- - - - - Google Earth GIS Free Geospatial Services Satellite Images Bing Maps Yahoo Maps OpenStreetMaps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

morad

morad

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • France

Here is a tutorial video explaining how you can download in an easy and fast way, images from Free Geospatial Services like Google, Yahoo, Bing and OpenStreetMap, using Longitude and Latitude coordinates. It is really easy and funny. Watch it now, you will learn how to use a new tool (Universal Maps Downloader) as well as teaching the newish to GIS how we deal with Longitude and Latitude coordinates on Google Earth.

To watch the free video tutorial, click on this link, http://skytoearth.co...s-in-7-minutes/

Morad

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Tools like this have been discussed here in the past, and I can't help but wonder how this is not in violation of the licensing terms used by Google etc. Especially the fact that you have to pay for the full version to download the higher zoomlevels is something I can't imagine Google being happy with :blink:

Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

Fran├žois Goulet

Fran├žois Goulet

Ultimate Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, History, Graphic Design and almost everything else...
  • Canada

Tools like this have been discussed here in the past, and I can't help but wonder how this is not in violation of the licensing terms used by Google etc. Especially the fact that you have to pay for the full version to download the higher zoomlevels is something I can't imagine Google being happy with :blink:

I agree. I'm pretty sure it's against Terms of Service. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Google Earth, GIS, Free Geospatial Services, Satellite Images, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, OpenStreetMaps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->