- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

crazymapguy25

crazymapguy25

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Right now I am at college for geography and one of my passions in my free time is to draws maps by hand whether that be of real or imaginary places. Anyone here share that same passion? 

Derek Tonn

Derek Tonn

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • United States

I know 13-14 other people incredibly well who share your passion...  :)  (www.mapformation.com)  Though most are "drawing maps by hand" at the computer, rather than on paper.

My own passions personally have shifted more to sales, web development, and mashups/interactive mapping...partially because those 13-14 people I was referring to earlier can draw me under the table related to quality.  But whenever I can find a little time, I love to draw a map of something that I know will help people or help a smaller community...without charging them a dime.  Wish I had more time/money where I could do that more often.  But I didn't get into mapping to make money.  I got into mapping to do something I love, try and make the world a bit better, more beautiful place, and hopefully not wind up in a van...down by the river (financially).  

Derek Tonn
Founder and CEO
mapformation, LLC

datonn@mapformation.com
http://www.mapformation.com

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • United States

Welcome to the forum!

I do enjoy drawing maps by hand, ink on paper, pretty much entirely for gaming. Once I get the paper version done I might scan it and do coloring and cleanup, and sometimes labeling/text, in a graphics app.

Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->