• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

KevinC

KevinC

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

I'm Kevin. I have diverse experience in both GIS and Remote Sensing. I'm studying GIS at the University of Alabama Huntsville. I hope to go to grad school eventually, maybe Penn State or Redlands, any advice or suggestions?

I have been lucky get a job before I graduated as the GIS coordinator for Tennessee Valley Archaeological Research (www.tvaresearch.com), which is a blast, it almost seems wrong to have so much fun at work.

My goals are to continue to expand my knowledge and experience in all things geographical including GIS, Remote Sensing, and Cartography. I am especially interested in growing my skills with surveying and vector illustration.

I'm looking to network to both grow and help people out in anyway I can.

I look forward to chatting and maybe working with everyone here in the future,
Kevin

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • United States

Welcome, Kevin!

I did my Master's at Penn State and enjoyed the department, got a lot out of it. It was a very good choice for me. I now work in Redlands, but I don't know much about the University here or its geography program, but being close to Esri I would think it would be quite good.

If you're having so much fun at work more power to you, I say. That's the way it should be, but not many people can say that.
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

Steven Gordon

Steven Gordon

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • United States

Hi, Kevin. Great to hear you're studying GIS at UAH in Huntsville. I'm in Madison where I run Cartagram, a cartographic design and production business. I also coauthor the Adobe Illustrator Wow! Book (published by Peachpit Press) in which I often use Madison maps and webpage designs as a topic. Some of these Wow! Book gallery and step-by-step tutorials are excerpted on my blog.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your job. That is the secret to happiness!

Steven Gordon
Cartagram, LLC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->