Val

Val

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • United States

Hello all,

My lab partner and I have a final project for our Computer Cartography class in which we have to make a map to print out and also present to the class. We chose to do our project on Earthquakes in California for the past few years. We wanted to show where the Earthquakes are and list their magnitudes and use proportion symbols to show the size of them. We are having a problem finding data we can put into ArcGIS that has the plates and San Andreas faults in California. Does anyone know where we can find this data? Thanks!

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

USGS have them for sure. I would also look on ArcGIS online and geocommons.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

pghardy

pghardy

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hello all,

My lab partner and I have a final project for our Computer Cartography class in which we have to make a map to print out and also present to the class. We chose to do our project on Earthquakes in California for the past few years. We wanted to show where the Earthquakes are and list their magnitudes and use proportion symbols to show the size of them. We are having a problem finding data we can put into ArcGIS that has the plates and San Andreas faults in California. Does anyone know where we can find this data? Thanks!

Go to ArcGIS.com, and search for 'Earthquake' - it has both the faults and earthquake locations from USGS.
--
Paul Hardy
ESRI Europe (phardy@esri.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->