3 replies to this topic

Sarah Miller

Sarah Miller

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Hi everyone!

I'm graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in International Political Economy from the Colorado College in December and am trying to learn more about the cartography industry. I have worked in the GIS Lab here on campus since 2007, and am particularly enjoying the projects I've been working on as of late. I feel like I've learned a lot over the past few years, but as CC is a Liberal Arts college, I still have a lot to learn about how to apply these skills in the working world.

I'd love to get to know some of you in the industry, and particularly to hear more about what you do for a living! What are the perks of working in Cartography? Drawbacks? Is it just your hobby? What first interested you about map making? I'd also be curious to hear about the experiences of women in the field.

I currently live in Colorado Springs, CO but I'm planning on relocating in January, depending on where jobs surface. Ideally I'd like to end up in the San Francisco Bay area, and I've been working on applying to project management and consulting jobs in the tech industry. If you want to know more, I've also posted a more formal listing and my resume on the North American job hunting board.

I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Thanks in advance!
-Sarah

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • United States

Welcome, Sarah! Good luck with your job search!
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

Sarah Miller

Sarah Miller

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United States

Welcome, Sarah! Good luck with your job search!

Thank you, Dave!

Bilal

Bilal

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Palestinian Territory

Welcome sarah :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->