• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • United States

I got this in my email this morning - I thought I'd pass it on:

Sent: 26 October 2012 10:58
To: Nick Millea

Morning

The Bodleian Map Room has a number of duplicate German pamphlets from the Second World War. For those who don’t know these they are a package containing a number of maps and in most cases books as well. These are available to academic institutions only in the first instance.

Militargeographische Angaben uber Irland (1940) – includes geological, topographic, communications and transport maps and town plans of Dublin and Belfast. Also includes a book of town plans and a book of general info.

Militargeographische Angaben uber Finnland (1941) Mappe A – Includes topographic and military maps, town plans of Helsinki, Tampere and Turku, a book of photographs and a gazetteer.

Militargeaographische Einzelangaben uber England (1941-42) – vol 1 covering the borders,vol 2 covering Northwest England, vol 3 covering Northeast England, vol 4 covering North Wales and Manchester, vol 6 covering the North midlands, vol 7 covering South Wales, vol 8 covering Midlands, vol 9 covering East Anglia, vol 10 covering South West England - includes maps of area, town plans, books of photographs.

Please contact Stuart Ackland
Stuart.ackland@bodleian.ox.ac.uk if you would like any of these.

Best wishes
Stuart Ackland

The Map Room has a blog
http://bodleianmaps.wordpress.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->