greg585

greg585

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Australia

Hi Guys,

I've been given the task of compiling a range of data for a project and then making it available to the team working on the project. The team require accessing the data from mobile devices (including laptops, PDA's and mobile phones sometimes in the field) and desktop computers. Members working on the project may need to access the data with online (e.g bing maps) and uploaded aerial image basemaps underneath specific data in the field. Various attributes will need to be updated while in the field.

The data that is to be compiled for the project will all be shapefiles and possibly some historical aerial images.

At the moment i'm thinking ArcGIS Online would be the best option as this allows you to choose from a range of aerials and upload shapefiles. However i don't think you can upload your own aerials to this site? Also there seems to be some constraints when uploading shapefiles (size, attribute number) Although i'm only testing the features with a personal account - perhaps these constraints are reduced when subscribing? (im waiting to hear from an Esri representative too)

If you have experience with a similar project, ArcGIS Online or a simialar package would be good to hear from you.

Thanks

Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->