3 replies to this topic

jamierob

jamierob

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • United States

Hello - I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with a map distributor that they would recommend. I handle most wholesale orders in house, but the larger retailers require a distributor. Specifically i'm interested in those that carry recreation maps. One that is located in the Northwest/Northern Rockies would be perfect.

Thanks!

-Jamie Robertson

Ted Florence

Ted Florence

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Making great mapping software.
  • Canada

One thing to consider is digital map distribution direct to mobile devices (think iTunes for maps) through the Avenza PDF Maps app and in app-map store.
http://www.avenza.com/pdf-maps

Ted Florence

Avenza Systems Inc.

When Map Quality Matters ®

www.avenza.com

Cartographic and spatial imaging solutions for Adobe Creative Suite

Mobile mapping solutions for using, selling and distributing maps to mobile devices

mp_logo.gif    gi_logo.gifpdf-maps-icon.png

Michael Karpovage

Michael Karpovage

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Making beautiful, functional maps
  • United States

Jamie, I just landed my Savannah map with East View Map Link who supply Rand McNally which is the exclusive distributor for all maps in Barnes and Noble stores. Other retail chain stores I am not sure about but EVML also distributes to many independent stores too. Here's there webpage description:

"East View Map Link is America's largest map distributor with access to hundreds of publishers around the world and a current stock of nearly 7,000 different titles. East View Map Link is map distribution at its best with generous discounts to resellers as well as an easy to maintain map drop shipping system."

I've been working with Christopher Group: email: Christopher.Group@eastview.com. He is incredibly responsive and knowledgeable. Tell him I told you about them.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Karpovage

• Savannah Historic District Illustrated Map
www.karpovagecreative.com/savannah

• Account Manager/Illustrator
Mapformation, LLC - Atlanta, GA office
www.mapformation.com

• Author of Map of Thieves
www.mapofthieves.com

pisgah

pisgah

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • United States

You might try Mountain N' Air books.  They distribute some maps for us to REI. Not sure who else they supply.

http://www.mountain-n-air.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (1)
-->