- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

Ladies and Gentlemen it's that time of year again at NACIS when we throw-off our gloves and Map Off. This year we have a tifecta of mapping engagements so choose your scale, style and tools or enter all three.

2012 Map Off brings a small scale map of Ninkasi's Beer is Love contributions, an urban locator map for Gigantic Brewing using an industrial-comic style, and a large-scale map of Maryhill Winery's different orchards.

Electronic submissions in PDF format are due by midnight on Sunday, September 30th and will be posted (anonymously) on Cartotalk shortly after for constructive discussion on their respective design decisions. Winners will be announced at the NACIS conference in Portland, October 17-19th.

This is a fun participatory event for cartographers and is not limited to NACIS members (although membership is strongly encouraged) and you need not be present to win (although participation in the annual conference is well worth the time and effort).

Let the games begin!

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

One week to go on the Map Off!

While I don't have a library of past Map Off submittals, I did find an offering that I worked on with Joanna Mensher for the Madison conference in 2006. As I recall, the goal was to create a tourist map of different cheese factories (and their cheeses) for Green County, WI.

Although it looks a little moldy now :P, I recall having a lot of fun creating it and it only took about 15 hours.

Remember this time we have 3 different Map Off opportunities: Gigantic Brewery, Maryhill Winery and Ninkasi.

We have lots of data to start with - so get mapping!

Attached File  NacisCheese3.jpg   263.67KB   36 downloads

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->