• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

EcoGraphic

EcoGraphic

Master Contributor

• Links Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:landscape architecture,cartography,information architecture,wayfinding,landscape archaeology,cultural landscapes,sustainable design,visual journalism,travel writing,photography,illustration,languages
  • Canada

The plight to save this traditional organic farm in Britain struck a chord with me so I thought I would post it here.

When I worked in the UK several years ago, the architectural practice I was working for did a lot of social housing design, including projects for a certain well-known (and royally attended) boys school near Windsor. At that time there was always talk about the college's plan for future economic sustainability depending on the development of large tracts of farmland it owned in the south of England. Since then I have wondered how many other institutions share the same economic planning methodology.

Please read the story of this one family's plight to save their traditional organic farm from development, and certainly pass it on to anyone you know who has any concern for the future sustainability of our global food supply.

FordHall Farm
Gillian Auld
EcoGraphic Design
www.EcoGraphic.ca

Design is the intermediary between information and understanding
Richard Grefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->