Position Title: Cartographer: Junior – Intermediate Level
Company: Canadian Cartographics Corporation
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Job Status: Full Time
Position Available: Immediate
• Creating and updating of map bases using OCAD and Adobe Illustrator.
• A university degree or a college diploma in Cartography.
• Creating and updating map bases using OCAD and Illustrator software.
• Ongoing data and overall product quality control.
• Research, analyze and process supplied source materials for the purpose of map creation and updating.
• Work constructively and effectively within a team environment to ensure effective workflow and superior product results.
• Proficiency in OCAD or MapPublisher and Adobe Creative Suite CS5 (Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) on a PC platform.
• Experience with MS Office and Filemaker Pro an asset.
• Experience with creating map layouts for print products using CS5 InDesign a definite asset.
• Practical knowledge in handling geocoded data.
• Proven track record in all stages of cartographic production, including; analysis of source data, map base creation, updating and maintenance of both map and index databases, product layout and design aspects.
• Familiar with functionality of web mapping service applications (Google Earth, Bing Maps, OpenStreetMaps)
• Prepress experience and familiarity of 4 colour print work considered an asset.
• Excellence in; self motivation, communication skills, working within a team environment and personal accountability.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and work efficiently.
• Ability to multitask and achieve superior results within established project deadlines.
• Detail oriented, with a focus on accuracy.
• Able to deal with changing priorities and work effectively under tight deadlines.
• Able to follow and maintain established cartographic and graphic standards.
• French language skills considered an asset.
• Knowledge of GIS considered an asset
Our Company Offers
• The opportunity to play an important role in Canada’s leading map company.
• Full time employment with competitive compensation.
• Work in a small team environment where you will participate in all aspects of cartographic production work.
• Please respond by email, quoting “Cartographer Position” to email@example.com no later than 5:00 P.M. August 30, 2012.
• Your application should include a short cover letter and resume, detailing your educational background, all related work experience and acquired skill sets. Submit as a Word document or pdf. Include any links to online portfolios but please do not include images or files in your email response. Candidates invited for an interview will be encouraged to submit portfolio pieces at that time.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Junior Cartographer Position (Ontario, Canada)
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users