yeneneshabebe

yeneneshabebe

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Ethiopia

Dear all,

We were developing some mapping tool to stakeholders. We were working on some different map layers(data frames) with different indicators. We use excel as a data table and we insert the data on the excel sheet also the computation and the selection criteria is done in excel. The excel file in combination with the Arc GIS (Version 10) makes the mapping tool. The excel sheet conatians a sheet which is called threshold in which the user's can change the thershhold for the different indicators and get new maps in ArcGIS.

We were testing the the mapping tool and it works in some computers and not work in others. I am attaching the message from Arc map which we got on some computers. The ArcMap didnot display the maps it shows only the dataframes and the connection with excel seem to fail. Does any one give some idea how to solve this? We may face this problem on stakeholders computer too.

Thanks for any valuable idea

Regards,

Yenenesh

Attached Files

• Attached File  data.pdf   252.14KB   31 downloads

antoniolocandro

antoniolocandro

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:GIS, Cartography, Aviation, Travel
  • Honduras

I would test using Access instead of Excel and check if that solves the issue, I am thinking something of a shared access violation in Excel may be the cause

Dear all,

We were developing some mapping tool to stakeholders. We were working on some different map layers(data frames) with different indicators. We use excel as a data table and we insert the data on the excel sheet also the computation and the selection criteria is done in excel. The excel file in combination with the Arc GIS (Version 10) makes the mapping tool. The excel sheet conatians a sheet which is called threshold in which the user's can change the thershhold for the different indicators and get new maps in ArcGIS.

We were testing the the mapping tool and it works in some computers and not work in others. I am attaching the message from Arc map which we got on some computers. The ArcMap didnot display the maps it shows only the dataframes and the connection with excel seem to fail. Does any one give some idea how to solve this? We may face this problem on stakeholders computer too.

Regards,

Yenenesh

lc500

lc500

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • No Country Selected

I get this error sometimes - if you have spss by any chance itll solve the problem to open it there and save it as a .dbf, otherwise try saving as different versions of excel or access as the other person said.

I would test using Access instead of Excel and check if that solves the issue, I am thinking something of a shared access violation in Excel may be the cause

Dear all,

Regards,

Yenenesh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->