I may have found my passion..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello hello!

My name is Michael, a rising sophomore majoring in Environmental Engineering with a Civil Engineering minor. I feel really fortunate, as I have had recently a sort of.. "revelation" that I enjoyed playing with GIS... that phenomenon where you like your work to a degree that it doesnt feel like work anymore!

I work with GIS--always: work, school, internships you name it. And I am excited to be among all you very knowledgable people! I recently founded a GIS Club at my school, and this place is teeming with new inspiration and lessons for both me and my members.

In addition, I picked up a freelance/volunteer project with a local business in making a map for them, so I may seek advice on some stuff related to that (using mapbox, fusion tables, QGIS, etc).

A final note about myself: I love ESRI and I've been using it for a long time--but I'd love to break out of that mold and dive into everything thats happening with open source GIS and cartography outside of it.

I'm glad to be hear!

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • United States

Welcome, Michael! It's always good to see someone who enjoys what they do and shows such enthusiasm. :)
Dave Barnes
Product Engineer
Map Geek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users