1 reply to this topic

WholeMilk

WholeMilk

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello hello!

My name is Michael, a rising sophomore majoring in Environmental Engineering with a Civil Engineering minor. I feel really fortunate, as I have had recently a sort of.. "revelation" that I enjoyed playing with GIS... that phenomenon where you like your work to a degree that it doesnt feel like work anymore!

I work with GIS--always: work, school, internships you name it. And I am excited to be among all you very knowledgable people! I recently founded a GIS Club at my school, and this place is teeming with new inspiration and lessons for both me and my members.

In addition, I picked up a freelance/volunteer project with a local business in making a map for them, so I may seek advice on some stuff related to that (using mapbox, fusion tables, QGIS, etc).

A final note about myself: I love ESRI and I've been using it for a long time--but I'd love to break out of that mold and dive into everything thats happening with open source GIS and cartography outside of it.

I'm glad to be hear!

-Michael

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
  • United States

Welcome, Michael! It's always good to see someone who enjoys what they do and shows such enthusiasm. :)
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->