2 replies to this topic

Scorch OZ

Scorch OZ

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Australia

Hello all,
My name is Peter Taylor. I work for Citigold corporation in its Charters Towers underground gold mining operations, Queensland Australia. My official title is Technical Coordinator, Geology. I am not a professional but have been working in the mining industry since 1989, the last 11 years here at Charters Towers. The Charters Towers gold field was in full swing between the years 1872 through 1917 and was one of the richest fields in Australia and in fact the world. Citigold is currently looking to reopen this field and as such, my job for the last 2 years odd has been to research historic reports and information, investigate the historic survey plans and correlate them to our digital version of those maps and highlight inaccuracies between them and to generally look for helpfull (or harmfull) information that may be relevant to successfully mining under the city in, under and around these old workings.

From a safety point of view, Citigold wishes to hire a Cartographer to investigate this data and supply a report from a professional perspective. I figured this site could be a good place to start looking for someone. I hope this doesn't impede on any regulations governing this site.

If anyone would be interested in discussing this with me please send an email to ptaylor@citigold.com with a brief description of your qualifications.
If anyone wishes to just chat on this subject, feel free to email me also.

Best regards.
Scorch OZ
email:

Kalai Selvan

Kalai Selvan

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Interests:Map Making & Map making
  • India

Please check your email, we are interested with geological back ground.

Hello all,
My name is Peter Taylor. I work for Citigold corporation in its Charters Towers underground gold mining operations, Queensland Australia. My official title is Technical Coordinator, Geology. I am not a professional but have been working in the mining industry since 1989, the last 11 years here at Charters Towers. The Charters Towers gold field was in full swing between the years 1872 through 1917 and was one of the richest fields in Australia and in fact the world. Citigold is currently looking to reopen this field and as such, my job for the last 2 years odd has been to research historic reports and information, investigate the historic survey plans and correlate them to our digital version of those maps and highlight inaccuracies between them and to generally look for helpfull (or harmfull) information that may be relevant to successfully mining under the city in, under and around these old workings.

From a safety point of view, Citigold wishes to hire a Cartographer to investigate this data and supply a report from a professional perspective. I figured this site could be a good place to start looking for someone. I hope this doesn't impede on any regulations governing this site.

If anyone would be interested in discussing this with me please send an email to ptaylor@citigold.com with a brief description of your qualifications.
If anyone wishes to just chat on this subject, feel free to email me also.

Best regards.

Thanks and Regards
Kalai Selvan

Scorch OZ

Scorch OZ

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Australia

Hello all.
First of all I wish to thank all the members that replied to my request. I have looked into and discussed all candidates and credentials supplied and forwarded everyone to management. Unfortunately management has made a decision to go with another option for this project. I sincerely hope that nobody thinks I wasted their time but ultimately the decision was out of my hands. Again, thank you all for your expressions of interest on this subject.

Best regards.
Scorch OZ
Scorch OZ
email:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->