• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dragons8mycat

Dragons8mycat

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hello!! Just wanted to say hi as I am a new member to this forum, lot of you guys may know me from Twitter (@Dragons8mycat).
For those of you who don't know me, I am a GIS Consultant in the UKs largest private renewable energy consultancy, working on projects such as Navitus Bay & Teeside. I have over 10yrs experience, gained through employment at Ordnance Survey, local government and BP. I would say I am more a cartographer than a GIS consultant, I am a member of the British Cartography Society and enjoy the "making of maps" rather than the analysis, though my job entails more analysis and less map making!!

My tools of the trade are predominantly ArcGIS 3.2 - 10.1 desktop, though under previous jobs I have used the full ESRI enterprise suite including the JTX. I use QGIS frequently and other job specific tools, even do some modelling with AutoCAD Civil 3D.

Times are changing and I have gone from advising on mapping and software to survey analysis and environmental analysis, making the odd map here and there to support the work. My company is now looking at web mapping solutions which I am fairly new to, so I am learning Postgre SQL, PHP and Javascript, trying to get a grounding and understanding of the best approach....I have found so much help on the web and met so many great people, I look forward to hearing more from everyone in the near future.

Nick

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hiya and welcome! How did you find cartotalk? (was it through mentions on twitter?)
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Dragons8mycat

Dragons8mycat

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Hiya and welcome! How did you find cartotalk? (was it through mentions on twitter?)

It may have something to do with your one or two subtle mentions ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->