• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

TJ Hughes - Cartographer

TJ Hughes - Cartographer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hello everybody!

Thought I would just drop a topic to say hello. I am a GIS Consultant currently working in Kuwait on a large Masterplan project providing GIS support to a bunch of Urban Planners using ArcGIS. I have recently signed up to CartoTalk in the hope I can find some friendly GIS people ready to help with any advice I may need.

I am looking for really chic/modern examples of land use maps. I am fed up of the usual representations of the GIS data which seem a little rigid. I am looking into using ArcGIS online Web Mapping service for a way of 'unlocking' my data to a wider audience (planners and client). Any ideas would be great!

Anyone else in Kuwait at the moment working on any projects?

Ciao for now!

TJ

Dennis McClendon

Dennis McClendon

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:map design, large-scale maps of cities
  • United States

I used to give talks at APA conferences about better mapping and I was always encouraging planners to use a more grayed palette. Land use maps, especially those using the standard Chapin scheme, are often more garish than they need to be. Unfortunately, this will require you to go beyond the default color picker in ArcGIS, and actually work with a swatchbook (or online equivalent) to choose CMYK or RGB values.
Dennis McClendon, Chicago CartoGraphics
chicagocarto.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->