Neal P. Sharma

Neal P. Sharma

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

Hi All,

I have been a short term lurker and general appreciator of all the great maps and discussion that goes on here. Thanks for being so informative!

I have been inspired to create my first topic because I am having difficulty finding symbols to represent Community Gardens and Playgrounds in ArcMap. Ideally, I would like them in a State Parks/National Parks style, as I have been using that style for Parking, Trails, Visitor Centers, Restrooms, etc. I was able to use ESRI font sets to work with those symbols.

Does anyone know any places I could download these symbols? Any tips or advice are appreciated.

Thanks,
Neal

Neal Sharma
Land Assistant
Peninsula Open Space Trust (POST)

Brian Moran

Brian Moran

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • United States

We use a lot of those universal symbols at the Forest Service. I have one for playgrounds, but not for any type of garden. If you have an illustration program like Illustrator, you can design your own symbol, save it as an EMF, and create a custom picture marker symbol in ArcMap.

Neal P. Sharma

Neal P. Sharma

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

We use a lot of those universal symbols at the Forest Service. I have one for playgrounds, but not for any type of garden. If you have an illustration program like Illustrator, you can design your own symbol, save it as an EMF, and create a custom picture marker symbol in ArcMap.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response. I should mention that I have had quite a bit of success using Forest Service symbols. I used to use Illustrator, but do not have access to it at this time. It has been a bit of a relearning ArcMap process as I used to rely heavily on Ai for my mapping needs.

Thanks,
Neal

eli

eli

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Canada

You might try to access the green map icons, they have a nice community garden one: http://www.greenmap..../en/icons/intro

Neal P. Sharma

Neal P. Sharma

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • United States

You might try to access the green map icons, they have a nice community garden one: http://www.greenmap..../en/icons/intro

Thanks! I will look into registering for this. These are a bit different than what I had envisioned but this is great to know about.

Neal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->