fadi

fadi

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi All,

Kindly, could anyone let me know:

1. How can I isolate the vegetative cover from the NDVI image and how to convert all other features into a black color using the thresholding value (>0 is vegetation) in ERDAS Imaging 2010?

2. How to export the produced image (the isolated vegetative cover) with the real NDVI DN values to ArcGIS 10?

3. How to convert that NDVI image from the raster into a vector format?

4. How to classify the NDVI vector file in ArcGIS 10 into five classes depending upon its NDVI DN values?

5. How to compose a new map in ArcGIS 10 using that classified NDVI vector file?

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by fadi, 20 May 2012 - 04:23 PM.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

I think you need to read up on all these steps - you are asking for quite a lot. If this is something you need for work, where this is not in your usual tasks - consider subcontracting the assignment. Apologies if this is legit - but this sounds very much like "help me with my homework"...
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

fadi

fadi

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

I think you need to read up on all these steps - you are asking for quite a lot. If this is something you need for work, where this is not in your usual tasks - consider subcontracting the assignment. Apologies if this is legit - but this sounds very much like "help me with my homework"...

Thanks a lot for your concern. I am sorry if I asked about several things, but, actually all what I asked about is related to one task, which is not a homework. I am a postgraduate student and doing my study project. I am using ERMapper and ArcView 3.2 in my project, but I hope to use the ArcGIS in my study project in order to get the advantages of the several functions and the capabilities of the software. Therefore, for that reason I asked my mentioned questions.
Thank you very much again, and any contributions will be highly welcomed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->