- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Hootan

Hootan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Iran

Recently I bought some Microstation file for my GIS course project, I want to use the contour lines in arcmap, I export them to Arcmap or even Autocad but all of the contour lines have zero elevation, I don't know how to fix it. Is there any problem with my exporting or there is problem with my source files.
How do I know that my source contour lines have the elevation or not ( I mean Microstation file)?
I upload all of my microstation files which one of them is for contour lines (33G.DGN). I would appreciate your help ;)
This is the link for files :
http://www.mediafire...5lhubq3e8072yp9

Lui

Lui

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Natural looking maps, hillshading, mountain cartography, LIDAR, TLS, data fusion, photogrammetry, singing, poetry, cycling
  • Slovenia

I've checked your DGN files and it seems that they are not 3D files hence no elevation (z) coordinate is present. There are also no attributes present so I think that using just this DGN file you are out of luck. I would suggest a manual approach on joined contours (one height = one contour). Maybe there is a tool for semi automatic contour elevation attributing using crossing line with start height and end height. Based on contour equdistance height values for all contours can be calculated. I stumble upon such tool several years ago but I don't remember its name.

Hootan

Hootan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Iran

I've checked your DGN files and it seems that they are not 3D files hence no elevation (z) coordinate is present. There are also no attributes present so I think that using just this DGN file you are out of luck. I would suggest a manual approach on joined contours (one height = one contour). Maybe there is a tool for semi automatic contour elevation attributing using crossing line with start height and end height. Based on contour equdistance height values for all contours can be calculated. I stumble upon such tool several years ago but I don't remember its name.

Thank you so much for your time ,as I don't have enough time to search for that tool, I'm going to do as you suggested (one height= one contour) :)
Thank you again, Lui ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->