• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

moltke

moltke

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Well, nothing new here except I suppose myself. Was hoping to jump in with 2 feet into cartography. I'm a GIS'er mainly familiar with the ESRI desktop products but I really want to take a step forward and begin focusing as much on map creation and design as I do the systems behind the industry. I was hope that I could get a few fingers to point me in the direction of some programs , tutorials, or some advice on what I should give some attention to. I have mid level experience with programming and adobe products and just want to finally begin to devote some time to my long term 'inner map geek' and begin gaining some skill sets for something I really want to do. Any thoughts are welcome, thanks.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Hi, maybe you could be more specific on what kinds of maps and tricks you want to learn? The only resource for overall knowledge that I can point to you is this website!

For books - there are some good ones that have been recommended in other threads - including by Gretchen Peterson, Edward Tufte, Cynthia Brewer and others.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->