• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Nathan Foster

Nathan Foster

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

I'm blogging an obsession I have with "perfect" weather. It uses Max temperatures, winds, cloud cover, chance of rain, and heat index/wind chill to produce what I think is perfect weather.
http://myperfectweather.wordpress.com/
Posted Image

DaveB

DaveB

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • United States

Interesting.
(My map would look a bit different. :) )
Dave Barnes
Esri
Product Engineer
Map Geek

Dennis McClendon

Dennis McClendon

Hall of Fame

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Interests:map design, large-scale maps of cities
  • United States

Yeah, looking at the Carolinas and the Mississippi Valley makes me wonder if humidity was any consideration.

It occurs to me that this would be a perfect opportunity to use a bivariate color scheme. So on one axis you could have rainy to sunny, and on the other axis degree-days of variability from 72º.
Dennis McClendon, Chicago CartoGraphics
chicagocarto.com

Nathan Foster

Nathan Foster

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Yeah, looking at the Carolinas and the Mississippi Valley makes me wonder if humidity was any consideration.

It occurs to me that this would be a perfect opportunity to use a bivariate color scheme. So on one axis you could have rainy to sunny, and on the other axis degree-days of variability from 72º.

The model does capture humidity levels in the form of apparent temperature. In my opinion, the heat index should be in a similar range as the actual temperature.

An interesting idea to do a bivariate color scheme. This way is just very simple, good/bad, incorporating all the important elements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->