- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

andye

andye

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • No Country Selected

hello everyone. i need some expert advice on mapping software - i need to create maps which i can save as pdf to email, and to print. i'll need to be able to import a route from a garmin or be able to trace routes. can someone point me in the right direction please? i'm a bit baffled by all the options, some advice would be great if possible. thanks in advance! Andy

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

You might want to add some context to your request. Is this for personal use or are you starting a business? Is this a one off deal or will you be making many maps? if this is for personal use and you want some thing cheap and quick. Google Earth will import gpx data that you can then export as an image and do just about anything with. There are many brighter minds on here that will help you with your inquiry but they will probably want more information.

antoniolocandro

antoniolocandro

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:GIS, Cartography, Aviation, Travel
  • Honduras

hello everyone. i need some expert advice on mapping software - i need to create maps which i can save as pdf to email, and to print. i'll need to be able to import a route from a garmin or be able to trace routes. can someone point me in the right direction please? i'm a bit baffled by all the options, some advice would be great if possible. thanks in advance! Andy

If you want to use opensource software I would recommend Quantum GIS since its cost is $0, you can import GPX files from Garmin and trace routes over imagery, however for pretty layouts you will need to export to a graphics software like Inkscape and GIMP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->