Avenza® Releases MAPublisher® 8.7 for Adobe® Illustrator®
Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:16 AM
The Grids & Graticules tool was redesigned to offer an almost endless level of customization for index grids, graticules, and measured grids. Many new options are available including the ability to create a grid collection (multiple grids), intersects, align tick marks, and apply special formatting and styles to grid labels.
"We're delighted to release MAPublisher 8.7 and to provide many new and sought-after features to the Adobe Illustrator cartographic and GIS environment,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza. “We are excited to enhance our tool lineup so that they better serve our users. The Georeferencer tool is the only one of its kind that exists in the Adobe Illustrator environment. The fact that MAPublisher users can now easily and effortlessly georeference their data in a graphics environment is an extremely powerful innovation,” he added.
Enhancements and new features of MAPublisher 8.7
• Grids & Graticules tool received major enhancements. Multiple grids can be created and layered to form a grid collection for a highly customized look – fine tune the look of grid lines, borders, tick marks, style labeling and more. Save grid settings to configuration files and share them with others who can load them.
• New Georeferencer tool provides the ability to give spatial properties to a non-referenced map by establishing a relationship between page locations in the document and world locations sourced from an online map service, another open document, or manual entry.
• The Buffer Area tool has the new ability to buffer areas.
• Redesigned the Label Features dialog box for easier label management.
• Text Utilities has a new Merge text utility which provides the ability to merge multiple lines of text into a single text object.
More about MAPublisher for Illustrator
MAPublisher for Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of this graphics design software for working with GIS data and producing high-quality maps with efficiency.
MAPublisher 8.7 for Illustrator is available free of charge to all MAPublisher customers with an active maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance users at US$599. New licenses are US$1399. MAPublisher FME Auto is available as an add-on to MAPublisher 8.7 at prices starting at US$399 per license. Academic, floating and volume pricing is also available. Prices include one year of full maintenance. Visit www.avenza.com/mapublisher for more details.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services as well as the PDF Maps app for purchasing and using maps on iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices, including GeoPDF and geospatial PDF files. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information contact:
Tel: 416-487-5116 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.avenza.com
Avenza Systems Inc.
When Map Quality Matters ®
Cartographic and spatial imaging solutions for Adobe Creative Suite
Mobile mapping solutions for using, selling and distributing maps to mobile devices
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users