2 replies to this topic

MoroccoCartographer

MoroccoCartographer

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Morocco
Hello All-
I have heard of companies that handle printing in other countries and have them shipped for a cheaper price than if printed locally. I am in a Project where I have to print 20000 copies of a city MAP here in Morocco.
Do you guys know of the contries/companies with the best prices for large format printing? How safe and reliable is such an action?

Thanks in advance for your help

Martin Gamache

Martin Gamache

Ultimate Contributor

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:History of Topographic Cartography
    Topographic Mapping
    History of Relief Depiction
    Thematic Cartography
    Demographic Cartography
    Cartographic techniques, methods, and tools
    Orienteering
    Panoramic & Kite Photography
  • United States

I know that Honk Kong and Singapore both have really high quality printers, I know a couple of people that have had books done that way, I think Benchmark gets their Atlases printed in HK. I've considered it. I had a map printed in Peru a while ago and it was more complicated than had I done it in the US or Canada. I would make sure that you dont lose any savings from the cheap print job through high freight/duty/custom fees.

mg

Clark Geomatics

Clark Geomatics

Jeff Clark

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Canada

Hello All-
  I have heard of companies that handle printing in other countries and have them shipped for a cheaper price than if printed locally. I am in a Project where I have to print 20000 copies of a city MAP here in Morocco.
Do you guys know of the contries/companies with the best prices for large format printing? How safe and reliable is such an action?

Thanks in advance for your help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The BC Recreation Atlas, created by a colleague, was printed in Hong Kong. He's been doing it for years. Check out the website - you'll have to do the Googling - and get in touch with him. One thing you will have to be is patient - to save shipping costs, allow at least 6 - 8 weeks as they'll ship it by sea if you want.
Cheers,

Jeff Clark
Principal
www.clarkgeomatics.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->