• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nuno Farinha

Nuno Farinha

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Portugal

Hi,

I'm having a very strange problem with ArcMap 9.3.1 SP2 on Windows 7 64bit.

I was creating a layout and everything was flawless, saved it, printed it to PDF!!

Then I realised I wanted to make some changes to the layout and when I opened it part of the layout was gone (legend and some text).
I thought I might have forgotten to save the last changes, so I created the missing elements, saved it and closed ArcMap. But when I tried to open the project again, the same elements were again missing.

I've already repaired the installation, moved the folder with all the files (mxd and data) to the root C:, installed the patchs available in Esri Support but the problem persists.

I also tried to repair the mxd with Mxd Doctor and Mxd degragmenter but it made no difference.

Does anyone have any idea on the reason why this is happening?

Thanks for the help.

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Have you tried the ESRI forums... ?
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

Nuno Farinha

Nuno Farinha

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Portugal

Have you tried the ESRI forums... ?

Yes I did. And before that I tried google search. Didn't find any other similar problem. Also created a post on ArcGIS forums but so far no one replied to it.

paresh c

paresh c

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • India

Hi,

I was creating a layout and everything was flawless, saved it, printed it to PDF!!

Then I realised I wanted to make some changes to the layout and when I opened it part of the layout was gone (legend and some text).
I thought I might have forgotten to save the last changes, so I created the missing elements, saved it and closed ArcMap. But when I tried to open the project again, the same elements were again missing.

I've already repaired the installation, moved the folder with all the files (mxd and data) to the root C:, installed the patchs available in Esri Support but the problem persists.

I also tried to repair the mxd with Mxd Doctor and Mxd degragmenter but it made no difference.

Thanks for the help.

Hello Nuno Farinha,

i am also facing this type of problem but you try to give path of your file before saving.
How to do?.......
right click on arc toolbox > go to Environmental settings and give path of your file in Current workspace

Thanks.

paresh c

paresh c

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • India

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files

marinheiro

marinheiro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Portugal

one more with the same problem...

and the solution presented by paresh c didn't work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->