2 replies to this topic

rosssingleton

rosssingleton

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • No Country Selected

Hi,

I have just imported and manipulated a load of data from auto cad. However, this is the first time I have used ArcGIS and I now need to scale down all the layers by 1000 eg. the distance between grid lines should be 500m but it is 500,000m. This is probably very easy but I am not that familiar with the layout and tools so any ahelp would be very much appreciated!

Oh, and I cant just change the units to mm as the data is going on for further manipulation in another program that needs it in m's.

Many Thanks,

Ross

jrat

jrat

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • United States

ArcGIS works different from CAD. You don't just scale the data. The data should have been imported in to the projection and datum that it was drawn. You can adjust the layout scale but not the scale of the data. It you are directly opening a cad file in Arcmap make sure that the projection and datum properties are correctly set in AutoCAD first. Also you have the option to use the georefrencing toolbar to adjust the placement of CAD features in to an existing map.

rosssingleton

rosssingleton

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • No Country Selected

ArcGIS works different from CAD. You don't just scale the data. The data should have been imported in to the projection and datum that it was drawn. You can adjust the layout scale but not the scale of the data. It you are directly opening a cad file in Arcmap make sure that the projection and datum properties are correctly set in AutoCAD first. Also you have the option to use the georefrencing toolbar to adjust the placement of CAD features in to an existing map.

I was afraid that would be the case!

Thanks for your reply,

Ross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->