No replies to this topic

Mark Gearhart

Mark Gearhart

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

About Mark Gearhart:

A native of Virginia and graduate of Old Dominion University in Norfolk, having been granted a B.S. in Computer Science. Employed in the computer industry for over 30 years.

Have, on several occasions, taken voyages aboard my Bristol Channel Cutter, a oceangoing sailing vessel. When at home, can usually be found with wife and two children pursuing family interests. Will often pack up family for trips to museums, parks and seaports.

Cartographically, am currently building a historic map of Northumberland, Virginia, using Adobe Illustrator. This highly detailed map measures 4ftx3ft.

Efforts to date can be viewed at www.mgearhart.com

This map idea originates from my father, staff cartographer for the US Coast & Geodetic Survey, then NOAA. For 40 years, starting in the 1940's, he used the pre-computerized method for constructing nautical charts. He started the Northumberland Virginia map in the 1980's during retirement but never finished. I have started the project up again using Adobe Illustrator.

I hope to gain and contribute knowledge to the group in areas related to vector graphics and digital methods for mapping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->