• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

I've been trying to work around a problem for while now, thought I would post to see if there is a workaround.

I'm importing a .dwg file in arcmap using the quick import tool. The problem that I am having are the individual dashes in the dashed lines are importing as individual segments. I would like to import it as a solid line or at the least quickly join them in ArcMap.

OR

Another option would be to export them as an ai file as a solid line.

Anyone have any suggestions?

kru
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

Matthew Hampton

Matthew Hampton

Hall of Fame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Playing in the mountains and rivers.
  • United States

The only solution I found (a few years ago) was to go back upstream and have the DWG saved/exported with a solid line, but I am eager to find out other options.

co-cartographic creator of boringmaps.com

razornole

razornole

Legendary Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Cartography, Down-river canoeing, Backpacking, Cross country biking, Geomorphology, Ornithology, Ecology, Quaternary, and last but first; drinking beer on the beach.
  • United States

The only solution I found (a few years ago) was to go back upstream and have the DWG saved/exported with a solid line, but I am eager to find out other options.

I've tried that but for some reason the ACAD file is also saved as individual segments. I can work in AutoCAD, but I am no expert. I was able to digitize some of the smaller features in ACAD to covert them to a solid line but it would take hours to get this done with all the dirt roads.

kru
"Ah, to see the world with the eyes of the gods is geography--to know cities and tribes, mountains and rivers, earth and sea, this is our gift."
Strabo 22AD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->