Position Title: Cartographer (Senior)
Company: Canadian Cartographics Corporation
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Job Status: Full Time
Position Available: Immediate
• Creating and updating of map bases using Adobe Illustrator as well as layouts for printed products using InDesign.
• A university degree or a college diploma in Cartography.
• Creating and updating map bases using Illustrator.
• Creating and revising sheet map and map book layouts, for print production, including surrounding graphics and text using Indesign.
• Ongoing data and overall product quality control.
• Research, analyze and process supplied source materials for the purpose of map creation and updating.
• Work constructively and effectively within a team environment to ensure effective workflow and superior product results.
• Previous industry experience required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CS5 (Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) on a PC platform.
• Experience with MS Office and Filemaker Pro an asset.
• Proven track record in all stages of cartographic production, including; analysis of source data, map base creation, updating and maintenance of both map and index databases, product layout and design aspects.
• Familiar with functionality of web mapping service applications (Google Earth, Bing Maps, OpenStreetMaps)
• Prepress experience and familiarity of 4 colour print work considered an asset.
• Excellence in; self motivation, communication skills, working within a team environment and personal accountability.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and work efficiently.
• Ability to multitask and achieve superior results within established project deadlines.
• Detail oriented, with a focus on accuracy.
• Able to deal with changing priorities and work effectively under tight deadlines.
• Able to follow and maintain cartographic and graphic standards.
• French language skills considered an asset.
• Knowledge of GIS considered an asset
Our Company Offers
• The opportunity to play an important role in one of Canada’s leading map companies.
• Full time employment with a competitive compensation package.
• Work in a small team environment where you will participate in all aspects of cartographic production.
• Please respond by email, quoting “Cartographer Position” to email@example.com no later than 4:30 P.M. January 20, 2012.
• Your application should include a short cover letter and resume, detailing your educational background; all related work experience and acquired skill sets. Submit as a Word document or pdf. Include any links to online portfolios but do not email images. Candidates invited for an interview will be encouraged to submit portfolio pieces at that time.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Senior Cartographer Job Posting
1 reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users