Recent Master's GIS/Geography Graduate Seeking Employment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Andrew Trager

Andrew Trager

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

Hello, I just completed my Master's degree from Hunter College in the field of Geography. I also completed my Certificate in GIS as well. I am currently seeking employment in the field of GIS and have a passion for cartography. While completing my Master's degree, I completed my Master's Thesis on the subject of a suitability analysis for bike rental stations for a Manhattan bike-sharing program. I have attached my resume to this post and would be happy to provide any further information.

Thank you,

Andrew Trager
trager.andrew@gmail.com

Attached File  Andrew_Trager_Resume.pdf   139.94KB   48 downloads

Edited by Andrew Trager, 08 March 2012 - 12:45 PM.

James Hines

James Hines

James Anthony Hines

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, Philosophy, Politics, Psychology, Economics, Occultism, Spiritualism
  • Canada

"EXPERIENCE
Master’s Thesis, Hunter College December 2011"

Employers do not look at that as being experience, you may want to rework that somehow by listing it perhaps under education? And if you have anything from that project add it to your portfolio, hopefully it will impress a prospective employer.

I am very impressed overall with your resume, despite having no experience in the field of GIS you will likely obtain a job with the type of employment connections you have obtained. Actually based on your job experience I think that most job seekers would be very envious of you.
"Abbas of novus versus"

Andrew Trager

Andrew Trager

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • United States

Jimbo,

Thank you for your input and recommendations. I will certainly make the appropriate changes to my resume to make it a better piece.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->