• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Ted Florence

Ted Florence

Master Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Interests:Making great mapping software.
  • Canada

So I am just back this week from Asia where one of the things I did was to attend the IMTA (International Map Trade Association) Conference in Bangkok.

At that conference I was both pleased and quite humbled to have received 3 awards for our PDF Maps app, including the top award the association gives out worldwide.

Here is what PDF Maps won:

1. Best Maps for Multimedia Application - this is the category for all non-traditional (ie non-paper) maps and map products and includes everything from web applications to DVD and CD products to gps and navigation systems, and of course apps like PDF maps.

2. Graham Stanton Award - this the award for the best of the show which is awarded to the best "product" of the 7 individual categories for which awards were given at the show.

3. IMTA Global Award - This is the big one. The IMTA is a worldwide organization that has 3 conferences each year (Europe, Americas, Asia-Pacific) at which a body of awards are given out in various categories. The IMTA Global Award is given every few years to the best of the best of the best, ie., of all the awards given that year for all the IMTA events worldwide (which is something like 20+ awards worldwide), it is for the best of those. This is obviously the most prestigious of the IMTA awards and that is quite clear given that the two other ones were engraved plaques whereas this one is a really nice crystal piece.

If you haven't checked out or seen PDF Maps yet I encourage you to do so. You can find it on the iTunes app store.

And if you have maps you want to distribute or sell through the PDF Maps digital map store we'd be pleased to add any of you to our vendor list and start offering your maps.

Cheers
Ted

Receiving the IMTA Global Award from Peter Lennon, President of the IMTA International
Posted Image

Ted Florence

Avenza Systems Inc.

When Map Quality Matters ®

www.avenza.com

Cartographic and spatial imaging solutions for Adobe Creative Suite

Mobile mapping solutions for using, selling and distributing maps to mobile devices

mp_logo.gif    gi_logo.gifpdf-maps-icon.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->