- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Lock

Lock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Australia

Using ArcGIS 10 I've found that when a layer which is larger than the frame is buffer gradient filled it is rendered within the program as 'graded' from the unseen edges of the layer. But when I export the map (to anything) it will reapply the gradient on the export as from the edges of the frame, rather than the layer. Obviously on large (perhaps continent) sized layers that's a rather large change if you're zoomed in.

HOWEVER, it will only do this if the dpi on the export is set to somewhere between 100 and 150. At 100 it will export just as it's displayed within ArcGIS, which makes me think it's a bug associated with having to recreate the cache of that layer if the requested dpi is larger than the cache?

I've updated the program to the latest service pack, and replicated the issue on a seperate machine with a fresh ArcGIS install. Does anyone know how to get around this limitation without turning the layer into a static jpg or being forced to send people files that are a meazely 100 dpi?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->