2 replies to this topic

DanM

DanM

Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • United States

Does anyone have experience with exporting GeoPDFs out of Global Mapper and could comment how satisfactory they find it to be? Specifically, I'm interested in using the GeoPDFs for the Avenza PDF Maps app. I already have an older copy of Global Mapper and want to see if it's worth upgrading.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Childs

Mike Childs

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Dan,

As the original developer of Global Mapper I have a bit of insight. You can easily export any loaded data from Global Mapper to a geo-positioned PDF file using the File->Export PDF menu. That PDF should be recognized as spatially positioned by any application that supports PDF files with spatial positioning as defined by the OGC best standards document. We can't call it GeoPDF since that is a registered trademark, but it is the same thing and I wouldn't see any reason why it wouldn't work with the Avenza application. I can provide a sample PDF created by Global Mapper if you want or if you email me (address below) I can give you a demo of GM 13 so that you can try it yourself.

Thanks,

Mike
Global Mapper Guru
gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
http://www.globalmapper.com

frax

frax

Hall of Fame

• Associate Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts
  • Interests:music, hiking, friends, nature, photography, traveling. and maps!
  • Sweden

Dan - the best way to get support and input on GM is through the mailing list on Yahoo Groups. I am surprised to see Mike here (welcome!), but he (and others) are quick to respond to questions and requests there.
Hugo Ahlenius
Nordpil - custom maps and GIS
http://nordpil.com/
Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->