- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

penguinwebsoft

penguinwebsoft

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • India

Can any body help me to provide any online link from where the latest cadastral map of MANHATTAN can be downloaded?

Or else if any body can help to provide anyone who can assist regarding this issue then just contact penguinwebsoft[at]gmail[dot]com asap.

Thanks,
Amlan
President
Penguin Websoft

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

Can any body help me to provide any online link from where the latest cadastral map of MANHATTAN can be downloaded?

Or else if any body can help to provide anyone who can assist regarding this issue then just contact penguinwebsoft[at]gmail[dot]com asap.

This might be a good place to start: Bytes of the Big Apple, especially the MapPLUTO product (first one listed).
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

penguinwebsoft

penguinwebsoft

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • India

Hi Hans!

The first one does not have the cadastral map link.

Thanks,
Penguin Websoft

Hans van der Maarel

Hans van der Maarel

CartoTalk Editor-in-Chief

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,839 posts
  • Interests:Cartography, GIS, history, popular science, music.
  • Netherlands

The first one does not have the cadastral map link.

No, but it's the closest I could find. I'm not even sure cadastral data is freely available in the United States.
Hans van der Maarel - Cartotalk Editor
Red Geographics
Email: hans@redgeographics.com / Twitter: @redgeographics

danielle

danielle

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • United States

MapPLUTO is indeed the file that you want. In NYC, the cadastral data goes by many different names, but "tax lot" is more common than "cadastral" or "parcel". For $300 you get the licensed data, in shapefile format, with a good amount of attributes. The other common basemap layers, such as street centerlines, are available on the same Bytes of the Big Apple website for free download.

Note that NYC is comprised of 5 boroughs (which are also counties) so if you want the entire NYC cadastral map, the license fee is $1500. I've worked with these files for years, so let me know if you have futher questions.

-Danielle

penguinwebsoft

penguinwebsoft

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • India

Hi Danielle,

I was just checking the information on MapPLUTO, This software would be perfect and for a good licence price if the housenumbers where included. Does these kind of maps also exists with streets & house numbers ?

Thanks,
Amlan
President
Penguin Websoft

danielle

danielle

Key Contributor

• Validated Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • United States

Please note that MapPluto is data, not software. You will need some GIS software that can read shapefiles in order to design your own map.

The MapPLUTO data includes a field for street address. This usually includes a building number and a street name, but sometimes it's just the street name. For larger parcels, there can be multiple valid addresses, but only one is included in this file.

This graphic shows a piece of a map I made with many types of parcel labels. I used ArcGIS and Maplex to help place the labels, but a lot of manipulation of the data was required, and the label placement was finished with the aligning tools in Illustrator. To create a map like this for a large area would be very time consuming, so it may be more cost-effective to purchase the Sanborn fire insurance maps.

You can also view the Digital Tax Map online at the NYC Department of Finance website, and download a PDF map of a single block from the Map Library tab. These have dimensions and lot numbers, but not building numbers.

-Danielle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->