NACIS 2011 - share presentations and links

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

sample

sample

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Bikes. Flannel Shirts. Corduroy shirts. Napping in Hammocks.<br />Gin and Tonics. Manhattans. White Russians. Hoppy Ales.<br />NYtimes. Growing Things. Water Colors. Riding in Cars.
  • United States

Sam Pepple and Willie Shubert talk about their project: Rock Creek Park Atlas. It is a 39-minute video composition of audio with slides (44.7mb mpeg4).

**Although some visuals were captured of both Willie and Sam speaking, they were left out of this composition: Willie's moustache was simply too distracting and Sam's sleep-deprived-body didn't quite look right.

CLICK

Edited by Hans van der Maarel, 26 October 2011 - 04:20 AM.
changed link

Andy Woodruff

Andy Woodruff

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United States

Zach Johnson's PCD talk on thematic cartography in java script: http://indiemaps.git...11/js-thematic/
With his code for OpenLayers https://github.com/i...ayers-Symbology
and Polymaps https://github.com/i...lymaps-Thematic (looks empty now, actually, but maybe it's coming)

sample

sample

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Bikes. Flannel Shirts. Corduroy shirts. Napping in Hammocks.<br />Gin and Tonics. Manhattans. White Russians. Hoppy Ales.<br />NYtimes. Growing Things. Water Colors. Riding in Cars.
  • United States

Explorative Impotence: Sam Pepple and Willie Shubert laying it down again.
Actually, non-chronologically laying it down again, because this was really the prequel to the aforeposted talk about Rock Creek Park.
Thematically they go well together and don't worry so much about the order, just enjoy them both.

CLICK

Leland Brown

Leland Brown

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, math
  • United States

I gave a demo at PCD of software for "texture shading," a new method of showing terrain relief. The software is available free at www.box.net/textureshading, along with last year's slides which give an introduction to the topic, and some sample images including those I showed at PCD.

If you download the software, check back for occasional updates. If you like, email me through CartoTalk and I'll let you know when changes are made, or with a free Box.net account you can "join" my folder to get notified of updates.

A new version of the texture shading command-line tool is now available, at app.box.com/textureshading/. This update includes algorithm changes that improve the image results and make the program run faster.

In addition, Brett Casebolt of Natural Graphics has written a user-friendly texture shading application for the Mac called Terrain Texture Shader (TTS). It's available at www.naturalgfx.com/tts.htm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->