• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

atlamaps

atlamaps

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

Dear Cartographers,

For about five years I have been making maps of public interest of the world. The maps show ethnic and religious groups, natural resources, disputed areas, environmental change and much more.

My aim is to sell them online to the news media, book publishers, interest groups, researchers and any others who would be interested in them as an addition to text, illustrating an argument or point.

The maps are clear with large writing and legend, made to be inserted into or next to text, so it is easy for the reader to jump from the text to map and back fluidly.

I want to sell the maps via an online shop where they can be seen with the watermark. After payment the map is instantly downloaded without watermark, for single use only.

I would appreciate any feedback on some examples of maps I have created (attached).

There are other things I could do with some advice on:

• Is jpg the best way to sell maps? I would prefer to sell them as Images rather than pdf.

• Do I need insurance and if so what type? The customer can see exactly what they are buying and in the terms and conditions there is a disclaimer on incorrect information with tickbox

• How do I secure and protect my copyright?

If you have any tips, comments or feedback please tell me.

I looking forward to your response,

Christian

Attached Files

PhilippW

PhilippW

• Validated Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • No Country Selected

I just looked at your first map (Sudan.) It looks nice, but you need to check your grammar.
It should read, Oil Producing Zone, or Oil Production Zone, not "Oil Producting Zone."

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

Phil

Dear Cartographers,

For about five years I have been making maps of public interest of the world. The maps show ethnic and religious groups, natural resources, disputed areas, environmental change and much more.

My aim is to sell them online to the news media, book publishers, interest groups, researchers and any others who would be interested in them as an addition to text, illustrating an argument or point.

The maps are clear with large writing and legend, made to be inserted into or next to text, so it is easy for the reader to jump from the text to map and back fluidly.

I want to sell the maps via an online shop where they can be seen with the watermark. After payment the map is instantly downloaded without watermark, for single use only.

I would appreciate any feedback on some examples of maps I have created (attached).

There are other things I could do with some advice on:

• Is jpg the best way to sell maps? I would prefer to sell them as Images rather than pdf.

• Do I need insurance and if so what type? The customer can see exactly what they are buying and in the terms and conditions there is a disclaimer on incorrect information with tickbox

• How do I secure and protect my copyright?

If you have any tips, comments or feedback please tell me.

I looking forward to your response,

Christian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

-->